Sunday, August 2, 2009

Mung Bean Sprouts


It's a welcome surprise that my daughter is fond of togue (mung bean sprouts). She loves this better as lumpia (spring roll). If we have it as lumpia, I like it dipped in vinegar with soy sauce and lots of onions. It was raining hard almost the whole day yesterday and this was what I thought of preparing - togue mixed with carrots and tofu - to go with the grilled fish.

Quick to cook and very filling plus very nutritious. According to Sprout People, mung beans are reach in Vitamins A, B, C and E, calcium, iron, magnesium and potassium. From Associated Content, mung bean sprouts are free of cholesterol and has approximately 30 calories only per cup. Hail to the bean sprouts!

***More food sharing at Lasang Pinoy, Sundays.

4 comments:

♥peachkins♥ said...

I love togue to the max!!!

agent112778 said...

i always cook this dish to pair up w/ fried tokwa

my entry is here

magandang araw ka-lasa-ista :)
Salamat sa pagbisita :)

Oggi said...

This reminds me to make lumpia taugeh, our favorite specially with spiced vinegar.
BTW, have you seen LUMPIA, a Filipino-American movie where the hero fights bad boys with you guessed it, lumpia.:D

ces said...

simple dishes such as this warms my heart and tummy altogether:)