Sunday, July 6, 2008

Penne Carbonara


It's pasta time again. I got a new copy of the ever reliable Yummy Magazine. As always, I check the easiest pasta to prepare. Easy meaning I have all the ingredients or they are easy to find in supermarkets. This one's no sweat.

This is my own take on Penne Carbonara I prepared yesterday. I just don't have green peas so the picture looks so plain. But hey, hubby and daughter liked the taste. :) See the presentation doesn't look appetizing because the hubby already got a plateful before I took the picture. I cannot anymore fix it the way I want it.


Let me share the ingredients and the procedure:
Heat:
2 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. olive oil

Saute:
2 tbsp. chopped onion
1 small clove of garlic

Add:
1/4 cup chopped bacon (I used my stock of Hormel's Real Bacon Pieces.)
1/4 kg. ground beef

Season with:
1 8g. Maggi All-in-One Seasoning
salt and pepper to taste

Pour in:
1 250ml. Nestle All Purpose Cream
1/2 cup water

Simmer for five minutes. Add:
1/4 cup green peas (No green peas here as I've said.)

Stir in 300g. cooked penne pasta. Top with 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese.

There! :)

Take a peek on some sweets in my other weekend snapshot at Everything and then Some..... Happy WS!

No comments: